Incremental Scan Node
Incremental scanning is a feature provided by Invicti to identify new or amended URLs and attack only those webpages detected in your web application.
Invicti crawls and attacks your web application to identify vulnerabilities and issues. If configured to do so, Invicti can also crawl and then wait for your approval to start the attacking process. This option allows you to include or exclude files or folders during the Attacking stage. Alternatively, you can use the Incremental Scan to instruct Invicti to attack only newly introduced, and amended, pages since the initial scan.
Once the scan is completed, all incremental scans are listed under the Incremental Scan node in the Knowledge Base. You can access the same information in the Knowledge Base Report and Knowledge Base Tab.
Invicti forms Knowledge Base nodes on its findings. If an Incremental Scan node is not listed, it means that Invicti did not find any.
For further information, see Knowledge Base Nodes.
How to View the Incremental Scan Node in Invicti Enterprise
- Log in to Invicti Enterprise.
- From the main menu, click Scans, then Recent Scans. The Recent Scans window is displayed.
- Next to the relevant website, click Report.
- From the Technical Report section, click the Knowledge Base tab.
- Click the Incremental Scan node. The information is displayed in an Incremental Scan tab.
How to View the Incremental Scan Node in Invicti Standard
- Open Invicti Standard
- Start a Scan or open a previously saved scan.
- The Knowledge Base is displayed on the right of the Scan Summary Dashboard. (If it is hidden, display it again using the Knowledge Base icon on the View tab on the ribbon. Alternatively, click the Reset Layout icon on the View tab, then close the Activity/Progress/Logs panes to give maximum viewing space.)
- Ensure that the Knowledge Base Viewer is also displayed. (If it is hidden, you can display it again using the Knowledge Base Viewer button on the View tab. You may also want to close the Activity/Progress/Logs panes.)
- Click the Incremental Scan node in the Knowledge Base. All detected Incremental Scan information is displayed in the Knowledge Base Viewer.