Integrating Invicti Standard with ServiceNow Incident Management
ServiceNow Incident Management helps organizations to manage incidents. It allows you to identify, prioritize, and classify incidents. Also, incidents can be assigned to other users. It supports the incident management process for your business.
This topic explains how to configure Invicti Standard to send a detected vulnerability to ServiceNow Incident Management.
For further information, see Configuring the User Interface for Custom Send To Actions in Invicti Standard and Configuring Auto Send To Actions in Invicti Standard and What Systems Does Invicti Integrate With?
ServiceNow Incident Management Fields
The table lists and describes the ServiceNow fields in the Send to Actions tab.
|Add||Click to add an integration.|
|Delete||Click to delete the integration and clear all fields.|
|Configure Send To||Click to configure the integration using the Settings Wizard instead of doing it manually.|
|Create Sample Issue||Once all relevant fields have been configured, click to create a sample issue.|
|Action||This section contains general fields about the Send To Action.|
|Display Name||This is the name of the configuration that will be shown on menus.|
|Mandatory||This section contains fields that must be completed.|
|URL||This is the ServiceNow instance URL.|
|Username||This is the name of the user.|
|Password||This is the password.|
|Vulnerability||This section contains fields with vulnerability details.|
|Body Template||This is the template file that is used to create description fields.|
|Title Format||This is the string format that is used to create the vulnerability title.|
|Optional||This section contains optional fields.|
|Severity||This is the severity of the bug.|
|Caller ID||This is the ID of the person who reports the incident.|
|Category||This is the category identifier.|
|Due Days||This is the number of days from the date the issue was created to the date it’s due.|
|Assigned To||This is the user to whom the issue is assigned.|
|Custom Fields||These are the custom fields that are defined for the project.|
How to Integrate Invicti Standard with ServiceNow Incident Management
- Open Invicti Standard.
- From the Home tab on the ribbon, click Options. The Options dialog is displayed.
- Click Send To Actions.
- From the Add dropdown, select ServiceNow. The ServiceNow fields are displayed.
- In the Mandatory section, complete the connection details:
- In the Optional settings you can specify:
- Caller ID
- Due Days
- Assigned To
- In the Vulnerability section you can specify the Body Template and Title Format.
Body templates are stored in %userprofile%\Documents\Invicti\Resources\Send To Templates. If you use your own custom templates, store them in this location.
- To set custom field values, in the Custom Fields field, click the ellipsis button.
- In the Edit Custom Field Value field, enter the relevant value.
- Click OK.
- Click Create Sample Issue to confirm that Invicti Standard can connect to the configured system. The Send To Action Test dialog is displayed.
- In the Send To Action dialog, click the Issue number link to open the issue in ServiceNow in the default browser.
How to Export Reported Vulnerabilities to Projects in ServiceNow Incident Management
Please ensure that you have first configured ServiceNow integration (see How to Integrate Invicti Standard with ServiceNow).
- Open Invicti Standard.
- From the ribbon, select the File tab. Local Scans are displayed. Double-click the relevant scan to display its results.
- In the Issues panel, right click the vulnerability you want to export and select Send to ServiceNow. (Alternatively, from the ribbon, click the Vulnerability tab, then Send To ServiceNow.) A confirmation message and link is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the ServiceNow Send to Action is executed for the selected vulnerability. link to see the newly-created issue in ServiceNow.
- The vulnerability is now automatically exported to ServiceNow. You can view it in ServiceNow’s Self Service view.